Viking Homecoming 2021 - Parade Information
Homecoming Parade Entry Form
Thank you for your interest in participating in the 2021 Viking Homecoming Parade. Please see below for further details:
Fees: There is a $10.00 participation fee for community members to participate in the parade. Acceptable forms of payment are cash, checks and money orders. Checks and money orders should be made out to Normandy High School. Payments will be accepted the morning of the parade. Floats and trailers will receive their judging number upon arrival at Barack Obama Elementary School, 3883 Jennings Station Road.
Parade Route Information
Staging: Begins at 9 a.m. at Barack Obama School, 3883 Jennings Station Road. Entries should line up in the parking lot and exit headed toward Jennings Station Road. The parade send-off will begin promptly at 10:00 a.m.
Route: The traditional parade route will start at Barack Obama School, 3883 Jennings Station Rd., proceeding west to Lucas Hunt Road, south to Normandy High School, 6701 St. Charles Rock Road. The estimated travel time is 90 minutes.
- Do not throw candy! Candy must be handed out by walkers! Tossing candy encourages small children to run into the street, creating a safety hazard.
- All drivers must be 21 & older
- Maintain your interval and the pace of the parade. If your group has walkers who are unable to hold the pace of the parade, your group must provide a vehicle on which they may ride.
- Under no circumstances should participants in one entry interfere with participants in other entries.
- All riders on floats must have something secure to hold on to. Do not overload floats or vehicles.
- Jumping on and off floats is absolutely prohibited.
- The float sponsor or their adult designee is required to be with students during the parade.
- Each group is responsible for helping clean up the staging area and Normandy High School parking lot.