Welcome to NHS Summer School 2021!
Thank you for allowing the staff at Normandy High School to serve your student. It is our priority to provide the best summer school experience possible. To ensure that your child is on track to graduate, we are giving your child the opportunity to recover missed credits. Letters will be sent home detailing the courses needed for recovery. If your child is interested in enrichment, you must complete the form at the link below.
- This year we will be offering two sessions to fit your scheduling needs.
- Summer school Session 1 begins on June 9, 2021, and ends on June 29, 2021. Summer school Session 2 begins July 6, 2021 and ends July 26, 2021.
- Classes are in session Monday through Friday on the NHS main campus in East Hall.
- Breakfast will begin at 8 a.m. There will be no supervision by summer school staff before the start of breakfast. All students will meet in the school cafeteria upon arriving at school.
- Students who are enrolled for the A.M. session only must leave the campus immediately after the session has ended. If your student will not ride the bus, his or her transportation needs must be communicated in advance.
Our time is short, each summer school session is only 20 days long. To maximize instructional time and provide a classroom climate conducive to learning, we maintain very high expectations for students to follow classroom procedures and display appropriate behavior in the summer. Please be advised that your child’s attendance doesn’t guarantee credit. Summer school credits are earned upon completion of the registered course(s). Confirm your student’s attendance as soon as possible using the link below. There are limited spots available for this opportunity.
Registration Link for Session II: https://docs.google.com/
forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfGf- K6PZFvQ9iKi7AlKET6tykW7BAmqa4L 1KbJFEi5cgCS0A/viewform?usp= pp_url
Summer school offers a time of reflection, growth, and preparation for the upcoming year. We look forward to sharing these experiences with your child. If you have questions or comments, please feel free to call Normandy High School at 314-493-0600 or send an email to email@example.com. We excitedly anticipate working with you and your child this summer!
Dr. Amy Blackwell
NHS Summer School Principal