- Parents will perform wellness checks prior to students leaving home. A Wellness Checklist will be given to parents.
- Thermometers will be available for teachers if they opt to use one.
- Nurses will assess sick students who are sent to the office.
- Schools will use the body temperature scanner (seen at right) to assess staff and visitors. If an individual’s temperature is 100.4 degrees or higher, the school nurse will use the no-touch infrared thermometer to confirm the temperature. If this is an staff member, the employee will be sent home. The employee can return to work after 24 hours of being fever free, and no other symptoms.
- Wellness Checklist for Visitors, personnel designated by school administrator
- School visitors will be assessed using the body temperature scanner.
- If a visitor has a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher the school nurse will use the no touch infrared thermometer to confirm the temperature. If the visitor’s temperature is 100.4 degrees or higher, the visitor will not be allowed to remain on the school campus.
- Send your child to school each day with a face covering.
- Abide by school safety policies and procedures for preventing COVID-19.
- Notify the school if:
- A family member tests positive for COVID-19.
- A family member has been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Please keep your child at home if sick until he/she feels better.